To get blood pressure readings, this device should be calibrated by a you or your doctor with a traditional arm or wrist cuff blood pressure meter (not included). Blood pressure (BP) varies by individual so each User must complete his/her own calibration before using the Performance Monitor <Body Check> function to measure or track your blood pressure. The calibration should be performed when the user is calmly sitting down.
To calibrate your Performance Monitor with an arm or wrist-cuff BP meter, follow these steps.
NOTE: For initial Set Up, please create a <User Name> under <Settings> on the Second Menu Screen of your Performance Monitor BEFORE beginning the BP calibration of your device.
NOTE: BodiMetrics Performance Monitor – Firmware Version 1.6 and greater requires a single BP calibration. Older firmware versions may require 2 calibration steps.
1. First, take your Blood Pressure using an arm band or cuff-based Blood Pressure Monitor (not included) while seated and relaxed. Please write down the reading you displayed on your external Blood Pressure monitor. The Systolic Blood Pressure number is the important number you will need to complete the calibration process on your Performance Monitor.
2. Pick up the Performance Monitor monitor, press Home button to enter Main Screen. Tap the moving arrow on the right to see the Second Screen, and press icon to select.
3. Next, arrow down using the arrow icon on right side of screen and select <SBP Calibration> and then select your <User Name>.
4. With the cuff on your LEFT arm or wrist ensure that the cuff monitor is at heart level as your heart – then START the blood pressure measurement from your arm or cuff BP meter.
5. Now Press anywhere on the 1st calibration screen shown above.
6. At this screen, hold your Performance Monitor in the “Body Check” position with one hand placed on left-side sensor, thumb on front circle sensor, index finger in door on top, and a finger on the rear sensor (back right side). Note do not forget to place one of the fingers on your RIGHT hand on the silver sensor on the back of device.
7. Once you complete the FIRST calibration, the Performance Monitor will request you enter the Systolic Blood Pressure number (TOP NUMBER ON YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR). Please enter the number using the Performance Monitor screen keypad, and press OK.
8. Repeat the process for a 2nd Calibration by following the instructions above and once you enter your Systolic Blood Pressure the SECOND time your Performance Monitor will display “Calibration Successful”
9. Should the BP Calibration fail, please turn off your Performance Monitor by holding down the blue-gray Home button.
10. Turn your Performance Monitor back on by holding down the Home button again and repeat steps above.